Saturday, December 6, 2008

Collaboration


It's not too often that I find another artist whose work somehow connects with mine.
Nicole Carey and I admire each other's work and although we work in different media, we have decided to work together on 2 collaborations this winter.
Nicole is from Philadelphia and she works mostly with recycled fabrics, so to stay true to her work, I will be using recycled materials to embroider/handstitch my art using colored thread. When I am finished with my 2 pieces I will send them off to her.
This is the beginning of one of my ideas for the collaboration. Whether it will turn into a pillow or a tote or an apron, I cannot say. That part is up to Nicole.
Stay tuned and next month you'll see the finished product!

3 comments:

amy turn sharp said...

cool beans! loving this

Kim Baise said...

thanks amy! i'm excited about this project too. i've been sewing all evening and i really need to invest in a thimble. my poor pointer :0
i think it's going to be a great one when it's finished!

Vivian Mahoney said...

This is very cool. Can't wait to see the final product!