Friday, July 2, 2021

PDX












I flew into Portland, Oregon June 18th (as soon as there was a break in the pandemic numbers) to teach 4  paper mache workshops in 4 days! The first 4 pics are from my workshop at Assembly PDX.  A few blocks north of Assembly  I visited my ice cream on the walls at Eb and Bean and went on a wild toad ride with artist friend Jo to our favorite shop Cargo. (it was a thrill to see tv celebrity, Padma Lakshmi shopping in there too :) Then back to the Art and Soul Retreat for more workshops! This was my first time as an instructor at A&S and around the corner from my workshop was painting instructor Jesse Reno (whose art I had purchased online 16 years ago!) Before etsy, there weren't any places to sell art online, so a group of us were selling, trading and collaborating on ebay. It was nice to finally meet in person. There are sooo many photos on my phone and here are a few of student art from the workshops. I enjoyed making new friends and learned so much that I've decided to teach more workshops at Art and Soul Retreat in Colorado Springs this October! Come join us!

No comments: