Tuesday, October 21, 2008

El Vez & El Ponk


Some time ago, my Butterfly, Beehives and Beards illustration was featured in one of El Ponk's blog posts and since then I have been hooked to reading her exciting, fun blog. It makes me wish that I was living in LA again....... and I will be moving back.... next summer!

In her October 9th post, she has a cool video of El Vez "En el Barrio." I LOVE El Vez and will be sad to miss his fun Christmas show this year. But next year, look out! I will be right up front and center.
El Vez runs an art gallery in LA called La Luz de Jesus and every Spring he has a giant group show with lots of fresh and inspiring new artists. This year "Everything but the Kitschen Sync" featured an artist Misato Otake whose work I would really love to see. Unfortunately I've been unable to find her site to see more of her work and find out more about her....
Dame Darcy (from my last posting) will have a book signing at La Luz de Jesus on October 24th from 6-9.
Ha! I dug up this awesome old poster of El Vez that I saved from the wall of my NY apartment (note the pinholes in the corners)
This gorgeous purse is one of El Ponk's many creations. She sells her wares online in her shop and also at the super cool Needles and Pens in San Francisco.

Right now Needles and Pens is featuring Nikki McClure (from my Oct. 13th post)in their gallery through November 10th. So if you're in the Bay area, be sure to check it out!

2 comments:

elponk said...

Thanks for the shout out! Love your blog too, and your bee hives!

Kim Baise said...

Hi M!
Hope to meet you at El Vez's Christmas show next year too :) He better still be playing!